Inclement Weather Policy: Cancellations, delays of events, and closing of the Chamber office will be posted on ChamberECT.com, WBMW106.5 FM, JAMMIN’ 107.7 FM, Radio 104.1 FM, WICH-1310 AM, WCTY 97.7 FM, WNLC 98.7 FM, K-Hits– 100.9 FM, NBC 30, and News Channel 8.
Nomination Period: William Crawford Distinguished Service Award
Nominations are now being accepted!
The William Crawford Distinguished Service Award is periodically presented to an outstanding individual who has exemplified the spirit of service to one’s neighbors and who has contributed to improving the quality of life in eastern Connecticut.
Additional Criteria for the Award:
- The number of times a candidate is or has ever been nominated will have no bearing on his/her selection
- Has been employed in, a resident of, and active in the community of eastern Connecticut for a minimum of 3 years
- Is not currently an elected or appointed government official, or currently serving on the Chamber of Commerce of Eastern CT Board of Directors
- The award will not be given posthumously
- Cannot have received the award previously
- No individual will be selected who is paid to perform the services for which he/she was specifically nominated: contributions must include altruism toward the community above and beyond the basic dictates of the job.
About William Crawford:
At the time of his death in 1976, William Crawford was president and general manager of Southeastern Connecticut Broadcasting Corporation. As owner of WSUB radio, Mr. Crawford introduced many talk shows and programs of community interest to the station. He was very active in the Chamber of Commerce of Southeastern Connecticut, as it was formerly known, serving on the Board of Directors, and Committees including Service Relations, Finance, Membership, Public Relations and Legislative Affairs.
Click here to submit a nomination online
Click here to download paper copy nomination form