Thames River Heritage Park Foundation
- Non Profit
- Sightseeing Transportation
The Thames River Heritage Park is a collection of national and historic sites along the shores of the Thames River that tell the stories that shaped our nation during the past 400 years and that will influence generations to follow. The sites are linked by seasonal water taxis – two historic navy vessels, which transport visitors to three landing sites in New London and Groton. Visitors can enjoy the sites and local businesses at each stop and continue their ride at their leisure. Experiential activities and programming introduce visitors to the stories of the river that celebrate our diverse traditions and cultures. From pre-revolutionary and civil war eras to a vibrant whaling hub to the Submarine Capital of the World, the Thames River Heritage Park is a reflection of America today as well as those who have come before us.
- The water taxis run hourly from each landing site with a hop-on-hop- off ticket so you can tour the Park at your leisure
- Visiting the park by land, water or both is an affordable family excursion.
- The Park is right off I95. It’s easy to get to by car, bike, train or by boat.
- Visit almost 20 significant national and historic sites on both sides of the Thames River.
- enjoy a day on the water viewing the shoreline from a historic navy vessel.
NewsRelease Date: May 19, 2017Release Date: May 19, 2017Release Date: May 04, 2017
From South: I-95 N to exit 83.Straight onto Huntington St..Take left onto State St. *Water Taxi landing is behind Union Station at end of State St. From North Take exit 84S. Left onto State St.*