Comcast Expands Network to Jewett City, CT
Comcast today announced the expansion of its smart, fast and reliable fiber-rich network to Jewett City, delivering its full suite of Xfinity and Comcast Business services to nearly 2,500 residents and businesses, including Internet speeds of up to 3 gigabits per second (Gbps) for residences and up to 100 Gbps for businesses. The process to extend Comcast’s fiber-rich network throughout Jewett City is underway and will continue through the summer.
“The Eastern Connecticut Chamber is thrilled to welcome Comcast to even more communities in our region, providing residents and businesses with another option when selecting their Internet provider,” said Tony Sheridan, President of the Eastern Connecticut Chamber of Commerce. “This expansion, combined with their recent expansions to East Lyme, New London and Waterford, make the Eastern Connecticut region an even more attractive place to live and work, especially meeting the needs of our members for a fast and reliable broadband network, which is more important than ever.”
“We have committed to investing in and expanding our network to ensure that more residents and businesses in Connecticut have the connectivity they need to succeed,” said Carolyne Hannan, Senior Vice President of Comcast’s Western New England Region, which is based in Connecticut. “We are proud to connect Jewett City with fast, secure, and reliable Internet service that is built to meet their needs today and into the future.”
Residents and businesses can check here to see if their address is eligible for service. Prospective customers can also call 1-800-XFINITY to inquire about service, or ask about the federal government’s Affordable Connectivity Program, which provides eligible households with up to $30/month toward their Internet and mobile service ($75/month on Tribal lands).
Residential customers in these areas will be able to take advantage of Xfinity’s full suite of Internet products, including:
• Supersonic WiFi: Advanced WiFi technology from powerful gateways capable of delivering gigabit speeds to support the ever-increasing number of connected devices in homes.
• Ultimate Security: Help keep loved ones safe and secure online with xFi Advanced Security, included at no extra cost. Advanced Security helps protect customers’ devices from billions of cyberthreats a year, and customers can add xFi Complete to extend that security on the go.
• Powerful Connection: The newest Gateway provides a more reliable connection for all connected devices. And with xFi Complete, get wall-to-wall WiFi coverage throughout the home, with an xFi Pod included if recommended.
• Unprecedented Control: xFi, a digital dashboard to control the home WiFi network that includes Advanced Security protecting every device on the network from malware and security threats.
• Xfinity Mobile: A mobile service built for the way consumers use mobile today, with the Internet at the core of the experience, the top ranked service in customer satisfaction can save customers up to $400 a year on their mobile bills.
• Ultimate Entertainment: Flex, a free 4K platform for Internet-only customers that seamlessly delivers streaming content.
In the past five years (2017-2021), Comcast has invested nearly $20 billion to evolve and grow its national network and has built 50,000 new route miles of fiber into its network. And Comcast customers have been able to enjoy speed increases at no additional cost, the most recent of which was announced last month.
For local businesses, Comcast Business offers a suite of connectivity, communications, networking, cybersecurity, wireless, and managed solutions to help organizations of different sizes prepare for what’s next. Powered by the nation’s largest Gig-speed broadband network, and backed by 24/7 customer support, Comcast Business is the nation’s largest cable provider to small and mid-size businesses and one of the leading service providers to the Enterprise market. Comcast Business has been consistently recognized by industry analysts and associations as a leader and innovator, and one of the fastest growing providers of Ethernet services.
With this expansion, Comcast will be available in 87 Connecticut communities. Across the state, the company employs nearly a thousand people in its local Xfinity Stores, technical operations centers and regional headquarters, which is located in Berlin, CT. Comcast’s Western New England Region serves customers in Vermont, western Massachusetts, western New Hampshire and Carmel, NY, in addition to Connecticut.
Comcast is also deeply committed to advancing digital equity in the communities we serve. The company has invested $33.6M in cash and in-kind contributions in partnerships with local nonprofits across Connecticut over the last three years. Among these investments Comcast has brought 31 Lift Zones to the state, providing free WiFi service to local community centers to promote digital learning. Lift Zones are part of Project UP, Comcast’s comprehensive, 10-year, $1 billion commitment to help build a future of unlimited possibilities and the continuation of the company’s long history of giving back to communities where it provides service and where its employees live and work.