Center for Hospice Care Honors Volunteers With 20+ Years of Service
The organization held a “garden party” to celebrate the wonderful work that these trained Volunteers offer to patients and families. These special Volunteers freely give of their time by providing patient care, pet therapy visits, therapeutic massage, office support as well as bereavement support to the organization.
Combined these Volunteers gave 356 years of their time and talent to Center for Hospice Care.
The following volunteers were recognized:
- Jean Lazar – 20 years, massage therapy
- Elizabeth Limkemann – 20 years, massage therapy
- Betty Beaudette – 22 years, pet therapist and patient care
- Louis Esposito – 22 years massage therapy and office volunteer
- Molly Helms – 22 years, patient care, office volunteer and pet therapy
- Ann Arpin – 23 years, office volunteer
- Mary Lou Chichester – 23 years, office volunteer
- Marya Ursin – 25 years, massage therapy
- Kelly Curland – 26 years, patient care
- Judy Reed – 27 years, patient care, (Judy passed last year, her family was in attendance)
- Ann Carignan – 28 years, bereavement and office volunteer
- Zita Smith – 32 years, patient care,
- Doris Beebe – 33 years, patient care
- Marilyn Douglas – 33 years, patient care and office volunteer
Since 1985, Center for Hospice Care has served more than 12,500 patients. We are the largest community-based hospice in Southeastern Connecticut and the only hospice provider that delivers all the care and services needed by patients and their families – including extended group and individual bereavement counseling to anyone who needs it, free of charge. Our staff is the most qualified and experienced in the field and is augmented by more than 115 specially trained volunteers who provide companionship to our patients and respite to their families.