The Southeastern Connecticut chapter of SCORE, Mentors to America’s Small Businesses, offers a free webinar on “How to Start & Run a Successful Non-Profit Organization.”
If you are thinking about starting or are now running a non-profit organization, understanding the next steps in how to effectively manage your organization will be key to long-term success.
In this session, SCORE counselor Bob Potter will guide you through these important areas of non-profit management, including:
· What defines a non-profit
· Managing your Board, Executive Director, Staff
· Fine-tuning your Strategic and Business Plans
· How to Manage Successful Fundraising
· Creating and Managing an Effective Volunteer Support Team
· Securing Sponsorships for Key Events
· Planning events
· Developing “Marketing Partners” in your Community… and more!
Webinar Presenter Bob Potter is a graduate of Syracuse University and has more than 40 years in creative management, marketing communications, and non-profit development for leading corporate, arts, cultural and non-profit organizations including Time Warner, National Geographic, AOL, National Gallery of Art, Lyme Art Association, Mystic Seaport, and Save the Children. His areas of expertise include marketing and communications, web development, market research, fundraising for non-profits, and strategic planning. In addition to SCORE, Bob
is a volunteer with the Shoreline Food Pantry, the Lyme Academy College of Fine Arts, and is a docent at the Yale Center for British Art.