Date and Time
Monday Oct 21, 2019
Sunday Jan 19, 2020
The Citizen of the Year Award is presented annually by the Chamber of Commerce of Eastern Connecticut to a special man or woman for outstanding contributions to the civic and business community, including the economic vitality of eastern Connecticut.
- Nominations are in no way restricted based on age, sex, race, occupation, religion, or membership in the Chamber of Commerce of Eastern Connecticut, Inc. However, all things being equal, the betterment of commerce will be an added determinant in the selection process.
- No candidate will be considered who is paid to perform the specific services for which he or she was nominated, unless the contribution encompassed altruism toward the community beyond the basic dictates of the job.
- The number of times the same individual is nominated each year will have no bearing in the selection process. Only the achievements and contributions of the nominee will be considered. Nominations should be EXPLICIT in addressing these details.
- There is no time limit during which the nominee?s distinguished service to the region was rendered. Accomplishments can be during the previous year, in recent years, or over a lifetime.
- While the nominee does not need to be a native of eastern Connecticut, he or she must be a resident now or at the time during which the distinguished service was performed.
- The Citizen of the Year Selection Committee is appointed by the Chair of the Board of Directors of the Chamber of Commerce of Eastern Connecticut. They are designated to review nominations and select an individual who is most deserving of the award.
- While the committee will attempt to select a single award recipient, special conditions may be present in which dual awards may be given. This is the prerogative of the committee.
DEADLINE: extended to January 19, 2020 (submitted online or received in the mail)
Click Here to Submit a Nomination
The award is presented at a dinner celebration in May.
Click here for a printable nomination form.
Click here for a list of past recipients.