2019 Eastern CT Healthcare Conversation
Retaining a Healthcare Workforce
8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Multi-Purpose Room • Three Rivers Community College
574 New London Turnpike • Norwich, CT
Please join the Eastern CT Workforce Investment Board and our healthcare partners to explore the changing realities facing our region’s healthcare workforce
Feel free to share this invitation with others
8:00 – 8:30 Breakfast & Networking
8:30 – 9:00 • Welcome – Chris Jewell, EWIB Chairman of the Board
• Marcia B. Proto, ED, CAS, Executive Director, CT League for Nursing & CT Center for Nursing Workforce: “Resources in CT to Expand the Pipeline for Nursing & Other Health Careers”
10:30 – 12:00 A Facilitated Discussion with Michael Nogelo, Sr. Associate, Cross Sector Consulting
• What have been your most successful strategies for developing and retaining your existing workers?
• What have been your most successful strategies for attracting new workers?
• How will the increased minimum wage change your worker recruitment, development, and retention efforts
RSVP by October 11 to Virginia Sampietro firstname.lastname@example.org • 860-859-4100 Ext. 113
Today’s Challenges of Attracting, Developing and
Friday, October 18, 2019
• CT Senator Cathy Osten – Preparing for a Healthcare Workforce Pipeline9:00 – 9:30 Presentation: Patrick Flaherty, Asst. Director of Research & Information, CT Dept. of Labor
State of the Healthcare Industry & Talent Demand: What the Data Shows!9:30 – 10:15 Presenters: Introductions by Lisa D’Abrosca, EWIB Healthcare Pipeline Sub-Committee Chair
•Jennifer Granger, CEO, UCFS: “State of the Community Healthcare Centers in CT”10:15 – 10:30 BREAK
Take part in the conversation as we explore questions such as:
• What are your best sources of new workers?