Chelsea Groton Bank to Host Affordable Housing Forum Oct 22
Otis Library, 261 Main Street, Norwich, CT
Thursday, October 22nd
9:00 to 11:00 am
Attention business leaders, non-profits, government officials and concerned citizens...
Some of our towns have seen Grand Lists flatten or fall, challenging funding of increasing costs of municipal services. We need to think about housing proactively: What do we have? What do we need? What can we do?
You’re Invited to a free, fascinating public forum on how our towns can do what others across Connecticut are doing: creating more affordable, walkable and transit-oriented homes which can reinvigorate town center’s shops, restaurants, recreation and energetic residents.
The topics by panelists include:
• Jude Carroll, CT Housing Coalition – Need for affordable housing and the importance of access to affordable housing in growing and sustaining a vibrant economy.
• Erica Schwarz, LISC – Housing Connections - Affordable multi-family rental housing in southeastern CT. Examples of community planning and building.
• Norbert Deslauriers, CHFA – Homeownership in southeastern CT. CHFA’s mission and solutions.
• Selectman Rob Simmons, Stonington – Why affordable housing needs to be in suburban areas and its benefits to the town.
• Moderator – Katy Shafer, Partnership for Strong Communities
For more information, or to register for the event, please contact Pam Days-Luketich at firstname.lastname@example.org or 860-448-4236.
Join us and learn how you can make a difference at the 2015 Affordable Housing Forum.
• Mayor Hinchey – Norwich’s history and present economy and aspirations.